Monday, June 22, 2009

Hmm

Tonight I watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 like I try to do every Monday if I have the time. My parents get the show on at 6pm because they have Eastern Standard time for DirectTV. Well, I knew that the BIG decision was coming today as far as whether Jon and Kate were going to stay together. Comes to find out, today in Pennsylvania, Jon and Kate filed papers for divorce which is very sad. It is very sad for any couple to get divorced, but when there are children involved, I think it gets even harder. By the end of the show, Jon and Kate were making it a point that they will be involved in their children's lives and making sure that the children know that they are loved.
I understand this is great to reassure their children know that they are loved, but there is one thing that was missing. The whole reason I was watching this show through the seasons that they had on TLC because Jon and Kate made it a point to say that they are a Christian family. Never once in the past few weeks (in the eyes of television) and months of turmoil for Jon and Kate, did they mention Jesus Christ. In the past on their shows, they have mentioned that they would go to church, verses, etc., but no where in this did they mentioned that we want to work together because God instituted marriage for better, for worse, through thick and thin, and no matter what comes our way God will get us through. Never did they say, we are going back to the foundations God has given us to rekindle our marriage. Never did they say we are going to stop this show, get back into the Word and really go to a Christian marriage counselor to really help us out.
I don't want to sound like I am judging because I have had hardships in my marriage and I think everyone does. Looking at a marriage relationship that I think "had it all" suffer because the focus of God was not the top priority is something I do not want. My desire is for Andrew and I to be seeking out after the Lord first in all that we do and depend on Him for all that we do. Yes, we don't have jobs, but God has provided in little ways which I could not ever possibly do on my own! Yes, we don't know the plan God has set before us, but if we continue to be diligent and strive to seek after God's Will for our lives on a daily basis, then that is what He wants us to do. God wants us to turn to Him first before anyone else. He wants us to depend on Him for answers. He wants Andrew and me to serve Him together and rely on Him together.
One thing I have learned is that God is in control of all situations. Even though there are multiple times when I try to control my own destiny, God will always steer me back to Him. I should just always let Him lead and continue to give God the control on a daily basis. I know it is a tough thing to do, but God is continually teaching me and showing me new things. I am excited for the next step in our life, and I just need to glorify God in all that I do and remember to seek after Him first in all that we do!! =)

No comments: