Saturday, October 4, 2008

Stop Means STOP!!!

Quick note. Today Andrew and I decided to reorganize our living room and hallway closet. We completed both of these things, so we decided to go to Quizno's for dinner since we only ate breakfast. We were coming back and right before we get to our gated entrance for our neighborhood we have to have a four way stop. Well, we stopped fine and everything. We were half way through the interaction when I looked to my right (I was in the passenger seat) and there is a mini-SUV not wanting to stop at the STOP sign. She continues to go right through, but finally notices that we are there and slams on her brakes and thank goodness I said something to Andrew and he sped up and swerved out of the way. The woman totally ran the stop sign at 35-40 MPH. We are very thankful God has kept us safe because that would not have been good to have another accident (this one much worse) and it probably would have put me in the hospital. So our lesson that we learned today was: never decide to go out on a Saturday (three weeks ago today...out on a Saturday...rear ended) and that when we see a stop sign it means STOP and stop applies to everyone else too!

No comments: