Today I was able to go to the ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) convention in downtown Sacramento thanks to the generosity of a free ticket by Andy and Elda Robinson (Sam's parents, best man of our wedding). I really enjoyed being able to hang out with them for a bit! I was able to hear Elda share her ideas and techniques that she uses in her classroom and keep them for future use. I was even able to help Elda in her presentation by changing the overhead slides as she presented! Big job I know!!!! I also was able to meet up with Dr. Claudia Green, who was my professor all through college and my supervisor during student teaching. I really enjoyed catching up with her and being able to hang out with her! Tomorrow I am excited to hear Claudia speak twice once about math percents and the other about classroom management! My job for the day is to count the number of attendees in each of her seminars! I knew I was good for something.
During the general session this morning, the speaker talked about how we as teachers should be a a loving Christ-like teacher in all that we do even if it is in public school. I thought about this and this just doesn't pertain to teachers. Some questions that he got me thinking about was: how do I make others feel? Do I make a comfortable environment for others and do I transform lives by showing them love? Christ has given me the wonderful ability to love and am I giving that to others that do not know Him and those that do know Him? Do my actions, thoughts, and words demonstrate that there is something different about me? This speaker also talked about having a positive relationship with others we have to have three keys. 1) Relationship with ourselves 2) Relationships with others 3) Do I care and I should since I have Christ in my heart. I also in all my relationships with people is that I should have mutual respect for that person that I am seeking a relationship with. I felt like this was also true which can apply to any Christian in this world. What do I think about each person that enters my life? I should be thinking that God has a future and hope for each person. Also, that God has me in their life to help them discover their potential with them as well as their God given talents.
This made me really think and take full consideration of my relationships that I have with people. God has put people in my life during seasons in my life to learn and grow from. God has kept people in my life to continue friendships with and encourage me in my walk with the Lord. God has blessed me with all different kinds of people and I need to continue to grow in my walk with the Lord as well as outwardly show my love for Christ in all that I do each day that God gives me.
1 comment:
I really like this post. Well done. A.
Post a Comment