It all started back in August of 2003. I lived on one end of the hall on the left and this girl with many flip flops lived on the other end of the hall on the right. This girl at the time (she still is) was a petite, beautiful, brown haired girl who also played soccer and was on the same soccer team as me in college. We instantly became friends and have many many memories to share with each other. We have memories of staying up late and talking, going on road trips, sharing about each others' lives, eating mac and cheese late, and going to many states together. Well...who knew that 9 years later we would be so close even though we live so far away (we are now closer in distance since we moved closer, but still far away).
The girl helped me at my wedding with any and every little thing. She did my make-up, she did my niece's hair, she arranged flowers, she did different things that had to be done, and most of all she was the one that came up with the wonderful idea of adding flowers to the top of my wedding cake!!! I still remember her being willing to do whatever to help along in the process. Did I mention that she came to my sister's wedding four years earlier and helped me do my hair and make up for that too!
There is no one that I can replace as a friend such as her. She has been my prayer warrior. She has been my encourager. She has told me the hard things. She has walked with me. She has never given up on me when things have become harder. She is willing to text when she is busy with two little girls. She is willing to send a smile through the mail. She is willing to help in anyway that she can. She is willing to take the time to reference verses to encourage me and help me understand the Lord's provisions.
I am so thankful for my friend Amy! I am so thankful for her husband Matt. I am so thankful that the Lord brought them together in marriage 3 years ago today! I am so thankful for Amy and her patience to let the Lord lead and lead her to Matt. I know Matt is blessed by walking alongside Amy in their marriage. I know Amy is willing to encourage Matt in his work, his schooling, in his parenting, and in him being a husband all through prayer and gentle sayings.
Amy and Matt have come alongside us and encouraged us in our marriage. I am thankful for them being willing even in a simple card in the mail. Thank you for being great friends Matt and Amy! We are thankful for your friendship, you guys being willing to help us, and letting us see the Lord in our marriage shine so brightly. We love you guys and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

1 comment:
OH Kathleen! I don't even know what to say! I'm speechless, you're my true sister and incredible friend...where's a tissue in this house when you need on, I guess a baby wipe will have to do. Thank you Kathleen, you are the only and only, truly you...amazing as all get out!!! xoxo
Post a Comment