Thursday, March 25, 2010

In my life, I have tried to please people if it is in friendships, with my professors, with my bosses, or just people I encounter on a daily basis. Lately, I have had a hard time saying no as far as when I can and cannot work. I have become really flexible in my work schedule because I want to please people, but not only that, this is how I was raised to be flexible. My time at work I feel is a time to work. God has given me the ability to work and when He gives me the hours to work, why not. But there are times when my schedule gets rearranged due to other people's schedule and their inflexibility, then I miss out on things that I had scheduled. Am I supposed to drop everything according to that other person's inflexibility? Am I responding to God in the right way with grumbling, or do I take this as a blessing and know God is truly taking care of Andrew and myself? Right now, I am trying to figure out who to please ultimately....I realize yes it should be our Heavenly Father first...but who comes second? I am thankful that I have two jobs right now where I am able to work and allow our Heavenly Father to provide through me working. Yes, I am exhausted, but He did give me these six days to turn my eyes to Him and allow Him to provide rest through me. God thank you for giving me the ability to work and thank you for providing hours for me to provide for my family right now, but YOU are the ultimate provider!

3 comments:

Eugene and Christie said...

Seems like life is either feast or famine sometimes, huh?! Hang in there! I'll pray that God gives you peace in your decisions.

Julie A said...

Keep pushing on sista! I understand what you are going through. Last year I had two jobs for a couple important reasons. It was hard but paid off in the long run. Don't be afraid to say no and give yourself time to refresh. You don't want to get burned out. Where are you working?

A & K Finch said...

Hey Christie and Julie,
Thanks for the encouragement! I am subbing and then on the weekends I am working at the Portland Spirit. I am very thankful for the jobs because right now I am the only one working. But grateful as well that I was able to get 6 days off to just refresh and enjoy life again.