Well, for those of you that were on the Corban Soccer team back in the day, you remember me getting this dog as a secret sister gift from one of our teammates. Well, for those of you that were not on the team...let me refresh you with this story. The soccer team and I were going to Canada for a road trip and we do secret sisters where little gifts are given on game days. Well, my secret sister who was Megan W. at the time decided this would be a cool gift to give me. Well, as you can see it is cool because I still have this dog. This dog is dressed up in heels, with shopping bags, sunglasses, leopard, and most of all the shirt says "I love shopping." Well, that totally was not me in college, but Megan was so thoughtful and bought me this gift. This dog was famous because the border patrol in Canada made me take the dog through security and the scanner just because they were afraid I had something hidden such as drugs. Well, I have kept this dog in storage and while piling the boxes in, I found this dog which my dad calls Matilda. Well, I brought her out and she was our safe keeper of the van overnight as we put stuff in the van for my parents to take back this morning. I buckled Matilda in in the front seat and made it look like there was a person sitting in the front. I, of course, had Andrew take a picture to let everyone see Matilda and see how she looks still to do this day. Dressed to the nines and ready to make the trip back up to Oregon with my parents. Now of course Matilda is shoved and contorted in the back of the van! Safe travels Matilda until I see you again up in Oregon! =)
Friday, July 31, 2009
Security Dog*
Well, this past week has been a crazy one! My parents (Kathleen) came into town to vacation down here in beautiful Sacramento (I know everyone wants to come here on their vacation). They came last Saturday and just left about 18 minutes ago back up to Oregon. During the week we went to Tracy, California to visit some of my parents' friends whom the wife was matchmaker when my parents were in college to set up my parents. Look how far they have come....almost 38 years of marriage! Then the next day was a relax day with moving stuff to storage which was pretty much all week! We went to lunch with both sets of parents on Tuesday. Wednesday was a San Francisco day with lots and lots of walking. We were able to see the Giants vs. the Pirates. Giants won 1-0 in 10 innings. GREAT GAME!!! We decided to walk back and got to see the filming of Trauma which is a new television series on NBC starting in September! It was an awesome to see that being filmed. Next, we walked to Pier 39 and up to Ghirardelli Square and back down to the pier for dinner. After dinner we had some entertainment. I have never seen Lombard Street in its full glory. Well, Andrew and I decided to walk up the long hills to go see this while my parents went to walk back to the car. Well, after awhile we were supposed to meet up at a specific location....well due to my parents not being able to find these streets and us getting lost....well we became lost in San Francisco. Thankfully my parents were able to find us and specifically find us a bathroom to use!!! =) Yesterday, once again another day to move stuff to storage....man we have a lot of stuff!!!! Last night, we concluded with an In-n-Out meal and then packing the van with some (I said SOME) of my stuff to be brought back up to Oregon. This morning...we sent my parents off and we are going to relax, get ready, and then today is a baseball game with our awesome landlord, his girls and their families, and my father-in-law according to the others...Pastor Dave. Tomorrow we are off to a church picnic. Lots to do, but we have to live it up while we are still down here.
The Security Dog*
Well, for those of you that were on the Corban Soccer team back in the day, you remember me getting this dog as a secret sister gift from one of our teammates. Well, for those of you that were not on the team...let me refresh you with this story. The soccer team and I were going to Canada for a road trip and we do secret sisters where little gifts are given on game days. Well, my secret sister who was Megan W. at the time decided this would be a cool gift to give me. Well, as you can see it is cool because I still have this dog. This dog is dressed up in heels, with shopping bags, sunglasses, leopard, and most of all the shirt says "I love shopping." Well, that totally was not me in college, but Megan was so thoughtful and bought me this gift. This dog was famous because the border patrol in Canada made me take the dog through security and the scanner just because they were afraid I had something hidden such as drugs. Well, I have kept this dog in storage and while piling the boxes in, I found this dog which my dad calls Matilda. Well, I brought her out and she was our safe keeper of the van overnight as we put stuff in the van for my parents to take back this morning. I buckled Matilda in in the front seat and made it look like there was a person sitting in the front. I, of course, had Andrew take a picture to let everyone see Matilda and see how she looks still to do this day. Dressed to the nines and ready to make the trip back up to Oregon with my parents. Now of course Matilda is shoved and contorted in the back of the van! Safe travels Matilda until I see you again up in Oregon! =)
Well, for those of you that were on the Corban Soccer team back in the day, you remember me getting this dog as a secret sister gift from one of our teammates. Well, for those of you that were not on the team...let me refresh you with this story. The soccer team and I were going to Canada for a road trip and we do secret sisters where little gifts are given on game days. Well, my secret sister who was Megan W. at the time decided this would be a cool gift to give me. Well, as you can see it is cool because I still have this dog. This dog is dressed up in heels, with shopping bags, sunglasses, leopard, and most of all the shirt says "I love shopping." Well, that totally was not me in college, but Megan was so thoughtful and bought me this gift. This dog was famous because the border patrol in Canada made me take the dog through security and the scanner just because they were afraid I had something hidden such as drugs. Well, I have kept this dog in storage and while piling the boxes in, I found this dog which my dad calls Matilda. Well, I brought her out and she was our safe keeper of the van overnight as we put stuff in the van for my parents to take back this morning. I buckled Matilda in in the front seat and made it look like there was a person sitting in the front. I, of course, had Andrew take a picture to let everyone see Matilda and see how she looks still to do this day. Dressed to the nines and ready to make the trip back up to Oregon with my parents. Now of course Matilda is shoved and contorted in the back of the van! Safe travels Matilda until I see you again up in Oregon! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks a bunch for the information. I hope to see you there!
Kathleen you are so sweet! Thanks for the comment. I wish Luke and I could come down for the game, but I have an event for our mentorship program at school that day. Tell everyone hi and that I wish I could be there.
Post a Comment